The options for Eating Out in Oxford have improved immeasurably over the last few years with most ethnic styles now represented.
We are lucky to have a number of restaurants within walking distance, but to see the whole range of opportunities you can look at the Oxford Restaurant Guide, which has listings by area and type of cuisine. Alternatively you can just put Oxford Restaurants into your Google search box.
We recommend Portabello Restaurant:
You’ll find Portabello Restaurant and Bar located in the heart of Summertown nestled amongst restaurants, bars, boutiques, galleries and the theatre on South Parade in North Oxford. Approximately 12 minutes walk from Parklands its very easy to reach and busses/ taxis are readily available if you don’t fancy stretching your legs. Their menu is geared to serving modern British cuisine in casual and relaxed surroundings.
Some other conveniently located eating places include:
- Gees Restaurant & Bar - Classic food with a strong British influence, around 8 minutes walk.
- The Cherwell Boathouse - Inventive cooking with intriguing combinations designed to surprise as well as some simpler classics, 8 minutes walk.
- The Old Parsonage - Traditional British food, revised to appeal to everyone, around 15 minutes walk.
- Xi’An - Delicious Chinese food, around 8 minutes walk.
- The Rose & Crown - Lovely Pub grub, around 6 minutes walk.